Jul 3, 2015

About My Cooking Style.....

Dear readers,

Thank you so much for your support and following.  I have a confession to make.

I cook "on the fly".  I prepare food by feel, smell, mood, what is freshest in the garden, and what is at the Farmer's Markets.  But it is with difficulty that I follow a recipe.  I love to feature, in Mariam's and my blog, foods that come lovingly out of my kitchen.  I can tell you how to make it but I may not always be clear on exact amounts.  This is where the "Experiment, Explore, and Enjoy" concept comes in.  I wasn't always a good cook.  Some say that there is an intuitiveness to my craft.  I say it comes from lots of trial and error.

Don't worry about mistakes made in the kitchen.  Unless you are burning it down of course!

Bring friends and family in to help with prep.  Someone can tend the BBQ grill while you toss a salad.  Others can slice the bread or set the table.

Our dinner tables are the place where we gather, talk about our days, share silly stories, raise our children, and turn off the outside world while we enjoy each other's company.  If something prepared isn't perfect, it will be better the next time.

A good dose of healthy food, family time, and laughter, is a great boost for anyone.

Servings;  I guess it depends on who shows up
Prep and Cook time:  We will see!

Nutritional analysis:  Nothing better than a happy dinner table to set the mood for the rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment