Feb 10, 2014

My Kitchen



Decor changes with the season.  With springtime coming up, the
flowers will be pastel, and we are growing wheat grass for the window sill.
For the amount of time I spend in the kitchen, my "office" if you will, it needs to be organized, clean, and most importantly, a pleasant place to be in.  Flowers make me happy and calm so I always try to have some fresh ones as well as more enduring silk ones in my space.  Everyone needs to feel that way about a place they spend so much time in so it is important to create a sanctuary that lures you in and makes you glad to be there.
On the ledge above my sink, my current blossoms are narcissus, puchased in late November and grown from bulbs.  They are just about finished, but I was able to enjoy their blooms for over a month.
The cabinets surrounding my kitchen window feature small hanging vases which I use for silk flowers.  I found some cute purple crocus and think I will pair that with trailing English ivy and something else for Easter.....  hmmm.

Take a moment to look at your kitchen.  Is it a space that you dread or enjoy?  Even if you don't like to cook that much, this space should feel warm and inviting to you and your guests.  Things as simple as clean countertops and a small potted ivy topiary, a bowl of fresh fruit, or interesting dish towels, make a huge difference in an otherwise boring space.

- Kim Fielding





No comments:

Post a Comment